Establishing Lok Kawi Shorebirds Beach Facebook Group
Eugene created the group on 9 February 2015 to raise awareness of the Lok Kawi Beach in Saban, Malaysia, where there was no website mentioning its importance as shorebirds refugee at that time. The creation of the group also aims to encourage birders in Sabah to visit the beach and observe shorebirds.
April – May 2015: Photo exhibition
Borneo – Winter Paradise of Shorebirds
Japanese title: 特別展示「ボルネオ～シギ・チドリの冬の楽園」
Venue: Yatsuhigata Nature Observation Centre
The exhibition shows how shorebirds spend their non-breeding time in Borneo. More than 50 shorebirds photos were exhibited.
Eugene helps event photography formally and informally.
- Eighth Meeting of Partners of the East Asian-Australasian Partnership (16-21 January 2015, Japan)
- World Migratory Bird Day (WMBD) 2015: Korean National Training Workshop for Flyway and wetland managers (15-16 2015, RoK)
- WMBD 2015 : Photo exhibition and Environmental Education Programme (15 May 2015, RoK)
- WMBD 2015: Korea Shorebirds Network Meeting and bird watching in Cheonsu Bay [EAAF046] (16 May 2015, RoK)
- WMBD 2015: To Our Winged Travellers (17 June 2015, RoK)
- Green Climate Frontier Camp (July 2015, RoK)
- 2015 CEPA Training Workshop for Flyway and wetland managers in Asia: 5th Wetland Link International – Asia Conference (24-28 August 2015, Thailand)
- Incheon International Organizations & MICE Career Fair (11 September 2015, RoK)
- Geum River Migratory Bird Festival (6-8 November 2015, RoK)
- Thailand Bird Fair (21-22 November 2015, Thailand)
Contribution of the landscape photographs for websites:
- Tokyo Port Wild Bird Park [EAAF063] (January 2015, Japan)
- Pak Thale – Laem Phak Bia [EAAF121] (November 2015, Thailand)
- Khok Kham [EAAF122] (November 2015, Thailand)
Contribution of the photographs and video recordings for materials: